Wednesday, January 8, 2014

Myndi's Books are Finished

I originally posted about losing my baby girl in July 2011.  I can't believe that is has been 2 1/2 years.  We now have Mya and Mandi.  But more about them later, this is Myndi's post.  It took me a while to finally start working on a scrapbook of her, it just hurt too much to start.  I finally got going with this and decided to do a 6x6 album of her.  Card sketches also seemed like the way to go.  Myndi's one album turned into 3 full 6x6 albums, 64 layouts.
Here is what I came up with, enjoy.










Markie, Myndi and Mikie.  Our 3 babies.


















We have also lost Markie, on the left, May 2013.  I will do his album with his brother, who we still have right now.  Mikie is was 14 August 17, 2013.  









It is hard to read here, but the tag reads, 'When someone you love becomes a memory, the memory becomes a treasure.'









I knew I was going to be one page short of getting all of the photos in, saw this sketch and decided it would be a great way to add that extra picture.  Top is the first picture, below shows how this opens and shows the second picture.













This is the last picture that was taken of Myndi before we lost her.













All of these pages were made using mainly Basic Grey paper with a few other companies interspersed in also.  The cardstock is Bazzill.  All of the embellishments are from my large stash that I have.
Thank you for stopping by and paying tribute to Myndi with me.


5 comments:

Sparkly Engineer said...

I totally love how you did this album. It is a wonderful and beautiful tribute to Myndi. I'm glad you were finally able to say goodbye, I know how important it is.

Blessings

Danni said...

Oh Kim! This turned out to be such a wonderful tribute! Wonderful, wonderful pages! Hugs!

Cathy -Mercieschild said...

Kim, this is so awesome and what a wonderful book of memories. I know it had to be hard to do, I still haven't started Sierra's. I can't yet, Maybe I should start Cayla's now before that hard day comes. Your book of memories is so awesome. I loved every single picture. Thank you so very much for sharing it with us . Hugs Cathy K

Netta said...

Kim, what beautiful memories! You have some awesome pics of Myndi. Your book will now preserve her memory for years to come. so glad you got it finished. it has to feel very good.

stampingwithpeggie.blogspot.com said...

What gorgeous layouts and what a gorgeous card. No wonder she made her way into your heart. And what a wonderful way to keep that memory alive.